Recovering After Breast Implant Surgery
Dr. Stevens and his staff work with every patient at each step of the procedure – including keeping close tabs on you as you recover to ensure that you are comfortable and that your recovery is without complications. Dr. Stevens outlines his top tips for healing after breast augmentation for a safe and quick recovery:
- Sleep in an upright position for at least one week
- Avoid sleeping on the stomach
- Use a surgical bra designed to allow the implants to heal in the proper position
- Stay hydrated
- Eat a healthy diet and avoid high sodium foods
- Get plenty of rest
- Gently massage the chest area to improve circulation and reduce fluid retention
In the case of emergency such as severe swelling or significant pain lasting more than several hours seek immediate help from your doctor. To learn more about preparing for plastic surgery sign up to receive Dr. Stevens’ ebook and schedule a consultation.
Dr. Leslie H. Stevens is a board certified plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills and co-director of the renowned Lasky Clinic, known for its extensive celebrity clientele. Dr. Stevens specializes in facelifts, eye lifts, breast augmentation, tummy tucks, labiaplasty, liposuction and body contouring. His practice is located in the Los Angeles area at the Lasky Clinic in Beverly Hills.